It is said to be one of the best winter treks in Uttarakhand with an altitude of around 12,500 feet. The total trek distance is around 20 kms from Sankri Village to the summit which offers serene beauty and clear openings combined with a sheet of snow. Kedarkantha is one of the few places where one cannot capture the full essence of the experience on their first visit and hence, trekkers repeatedly keep coming back here. The trail to Kedarkantha base (11250 feet) finally provides glimpses of snow-clad ranges that surround the region. Spending some time here, endlessly clicking the photographs of the beautiful views and feeling the inner peace is what makes this Kedarkantha peak memorable and unforgettable. Kedarkanth trek is not easy to climb the biggest reason this trek is unique is its beautiful forests. You feel a strong feeling of satisfaction from Kedarkanth and this is an awesome feeling.
Place to Visit in Kedarkantha Trek
- Sankri Zipline Ride.
- Sankri Range.
- Juda Ka Talab.
- Someshwar Mahadev
- Kedarkantha Skiing.
Travel Route From Delhi
- Distance by Road 403 Kms
- Distance by Flight 263 Kms
- Travel Time by Road is 8:04 hrs
- Nearest Airport in Delhi Indira Gandhi
- Nearest Airport in Uttarkashi Jolly Grant
Can vary around
- 5°C – 18°C in summers
- -8°C – 10°C in winters,
Best Time To Visit
- Summer (April to June) because in summer time the weather is very beautiful
- Winter snowfall (December to march) this time period is best to visit if you love snowfall