Auli ski hill station
Auli is a famous skiing destination of Uttarakhand run by Garhwal Mandal Vikas Nigam (GMVN) which is located in the Chamoli district at an altitude of 9,850 feet (Above sea-level). Auli can be visited at any time of the year but the summer months from April to June are best to treat you with an unforgettable experience. A temple named as ‘Joshimath’ is one of the famous tourist attractions which is located at height of 6,200 feet. It is connected to Auli by the highest cable car in Asia.
If you like skiing then it is the best here at the time of winters. From here you can see the scenery of a huge and beautiful Himalayan peaks named mana Parvat, Kamat and Nandadevi. This is a great place for enthusiasts and for all people who loves adventure, mountains and skiing.
Place to Visit in Auli
- Auli Ropeway.
- Auli Artificial Lake.
- Gorson Bugyal.
- Kwani Bugyal.
- Chenab Lake.
- Narsingh Temple.
- Distance by Road 503 Kms
- Distance by Flight 311 Kms
- Travel Time by Road 10:45 hrs
- Nearest Airport in Delhi Indira Gandhi
- Nearest Airport in Auli Jolly Grant
- 12°C – 20°C in summers
- -4°C – 10°C in winters,
Best Time To Visit
- Summer (April to June) because in summer time the weather is very beautiful
- Winter snowfall (October to February) this time period is best to visit if you love snowfall