Nainital is a beautiful hill station in Uttarakhand and headquartears of Nainital district in the Kumaon foothills of Himalayas. It is one of the most popular tourist places to visit in India and also one of the top places to experience Uttarakhand tourism. It is also among the popular 2 day trip near Delhi and also one of the top places to visit near Delhi. The Naini Lake is one of the 52 Shakti Peeths (huge altars), or religious areas where parts of the consumed Sati (Parvati) fell on earth while being conveying by Lord Shiva. The spot where Sati’s eyes (or Nain) fell came to be called Nainital (Nain as Eyes) (Tal as Lake). Nainital is quite popular among newly married couples as Nainital is also a famous honeymoon destination, generally honeymoon couple visit here mostly around October to February in winter season or in monsoon around June to September. Some famous sightseeing places in the hill station include Naina Devi Temple, St. John Church, Governor’s House, Naini Peak, Pt. G.B. Pant High Altitude Zoo and much more.
Place to Visit in Nainital
- Nainital Lake.
- Kainchi Dham.
- Mukteshwar Temple.
- Goddess Naina Devi.
- Snow View Point
- By Road, Delhi to Nainital = 315 Kms
- By Flight Delhi to Nainital = 235 Kms
- Traveling Time from Delhi to Nainital by Road = 5:57 hrs
- Closest Airport in Delhi = Indira Gandhi
- Closest Airport in Nainital = Pantnagar.
Can vary around
- 14°C – 30°C in summers
- 3°C – 12°C in winters,
- January is the coldest month here
Best Time To Visit
- Summer (Mid-March to June) because in summer time the weather is very beautiful.
- Winter snowfall (October to February) this time period is best to visit if you love snowfall .