Spiti Valley, nestled in the Himalayas in the northern Indian state of Himachal Pradesh, is a high-altitude desert region known for its stark and breathtaking landscapes.
Key Towns and Villages:
Kaza: The largest town in Spiti and serves as a base for exploring the region.
Tabo: Known for its ancient monastery, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Key: Home to the iconic Key Monastery, one of the largest and oldest in Spiti.
Kibber: Often considered the highest motorable village in the world accessible by a road.
Meet at the meeting point in delhi Kashmiri gate / R K Ashram 30 min Prior to the Boarding Time (9pm). Overnight Journey from Delhi to Shimla in Volvo.
Today Morning we will reach Shimla and the advanture begins ht the roads and move towards chitkul from Shimla. Travel along the Sutlej river from where ypu will take a right turn towards chitkul following the baspa river. Chitkul is the last inhabited village before the indo- china border. Check in to you hotel in Rakcham fllowed by dinner
Chitkul – tabo
After breakfast we will go to explore the chitkul village/ you explore the chitkul village. You can also trek down to the riverside or enjoy sam maggie at the last dhaba of india. We will then move towards tabo and on the way halt at the khab sangam (Confluence of Sutlej and spiti river). We will be staying in a homestay in tabo where you can enjoy home cooked meal.
Tabo is a very mystical village which has a history of more than 1025 years. After breakfast we will visit the nearby tabo monastery whicj is know as the Ajanta of the Himalayas and caves. Afterwords we will vistit Dhankar monastery and the head towards kaza (Headquater of spiti), Where we will be staying for the following days.
After Enjoying the delicious local breakfast at the homestay, get ready to explore the heights post office of thw world in Hikkim after posting few letters to our loved ones we’ll then visit the Komic Village (Highest village) & Langza (the fossil village of india). Come back to kaza by evening and explore the market. Enjoy dinner at the stay.
Today, we will visit the famous key Monastery which is build on a mountain hill. It was founed by dormtoon a pupil of the famous teacher atisha in the 11th Century. Post key we will visit Chicham Bridge (Asia’s Highest bridge). Then we will head towards Kibber village which is famous for spotting snow leopards. Come back and enjoy some local home cooked dinner
Today Morning marks as our last day at kaza. After an early breakfast we move towards kalpa via Gue Where you will visit the gue Monastery and 500 year old mummy. We wil take a quick halt at nako for lunch. Reach Kalpa and check into your hotel rooms, enjoy your dinner and the rewind.
Wake up to the view of the magnificent kinner Kailash peak. Post breakfast we will explore Kalpa and visit nearby suicide point. Move towards Shimla to catch an evening bus to delhi . Leave fo delhi in an overnight bus with loads of memories
- Volvo transfers available for round trips between Delhi and Shimla.
- Entire expedition from Shimla via Tempo Traveler
- Accommodation for 6 nights – 1 Night at Rakchham , 1 Night at Tabo, 3 Nights at Kaza, 1 Nights at Kalpa.
- Meals (Meals Including Breakfasts and Dinners)
- Team Leader throughout the trip.
- Availability of oxygen 24x7 in case of any emergency.
- All applicable toll, parking and driver charges.
- All inner line permits.
- 5% GST (Tax)
- Any Personal Expenses / Tips / Permits.
- Guide / Porters.
- Meals in Transit / Lunch in Kalpa or Rampur / Any Beverages / Any meals that are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Sightseeing in Shimla / Any accommodation, activities or transfers other than what is mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any cost arising Due to natural Calamities like landslides, roadblocks etc. (to be borne directly by the customer on the spot)
- Anything not Mentioned in the inclusions